- Marseille and Cassis full-day shore excursion from the Marseille cruise port
- Travel along the beautiful Route des Crêtes for panoramic views over the Côte d'Azur
- Tour the coastal village of Cassis, famous for its cliffs and inlets
- Take an optional sightseeing cruise to see France's version of fjords
- Visit top Marseille attractions including Basilique Notre Dame de la Garde, looming over the Vieux Port
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Next head down into Cassis, a charming Provençal fishing town with roots stretching back to 600 BC. Wander around the lovely harbor, delighting in the iconic Provençal houses and visiting artisan shops, or take a 45-minute cruise (additional expense) to view the region’s three famous calanques, wild limestone rock formations that line the Mediterranean shoreline.
Hop back in the van for the return trip to Marseille and a historic sightseeing tour. Wind through the colorful streets of France’s oldest city and witness the bustle of the country’s largest port. You’ll stop at the gorgeous Basilique Notre-Dame de la Garde, a Neo-Byzantine Catholic church that sits atop Marseille’s highest point. From this vantage point, catch sweeping views of the Vieux Port (Old Port), the sparkling Mediterranean Sea and the grand Chateau d’If, a central setting in The Count of Monte Cristo. Stop by the 11th-century Abbey of St Victor, a monastery built upon an ancient Roman necropolis. Hear some of the site’s history and significance to the early Christian population in Marseille.
Your 7-hour excursion ends with return to your cruise terminal.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:We will ensure your timely return to the Marseille port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If your ship has to leave at 4pm or earlier the departure time of the tour might need to be amended. You will be emailed by the local supplier to inform you of any changes if necessary
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide.
- Please wait at the exit of the ship/cruise terminal, do not start to walk on the port area.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY A La Française Marseille
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "Our trip to Cassis was great, we did do the boat tour to view the fjords however they did not speak English, so we had to read from a paper pamphlet - recommend checking the language before boarding a boat!" See review
- "I didn't think this was good value for money compared to other tours we did which were cheaper and some included lunch." See review
- "It’s a pretty town but very small and three hours is too much time there." See review