Explore our promoted experiences
- Great way to escape the city for the day and experience the beautiful Tuscan countryside
- Taste famous regional reds like Chianti Classico, Chianti Reserva, Sangiovese, and Super Tuscans
- Includes a traditional Tuscan lunch or dinner with wine pairings
- Leave the driving to a professional and relax aboard a comfortable coach
Departure & Return
Meeting point at Tuscany in a Bottle, aka Formaggioteca Terroir (both are on google maps)
What To Expect
The first stop is the Fattoria Montecchio or Castello Sonnino winery, both offer a great introduction to the heritage and varietals of the Chianti region. Learn about the olive farm and vineyards, and taste three different wines along with silky olive oil. Continue on to Casa Sola or Fattoria Poggio Capponi for a tour of the historic cellars and a lesson in the traditional barrel-aging process, followed by a tasting of another three wines including Chianti Classico and other regional reds.
Having worked up an appetite, get a lesson in the art of food and wine pairing at the next stop, Casa Emma or Podere Dell'Anselmo. Savor a typical Tuscan meal featuring antipasti such as pecorino cheese, prosciutto, salami and bruschetta, along with delicious homemade pasta and cantuccini almond biscotti for dessert. During the meal, sip a selection of estate wines including Super Tuscans paired to bring out each course’s flavors.
After a delightful morning in the countryside, the 5-hour tour concludes back at the original departure point in Florence.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Vegetarian option is available.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Near public transportation
- No infants/children
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tuscany in a Bottle
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.