- Livorno Shore Excursion: Siena and San Gimignano
- Scenic drive through the Tuscan countryside
- Enjoy free time to explore and see historic sites
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Departure & Return
What To Expect
After a scenic, 2-hour drive through the Tuscan countryside, arrive in Siena. Home to the Palio di Siena – the famous horse races held twice a year in the town square – Siena is an incredibly beautiful city, with quaint streets and one of the most spectacular cathedrals in Italy. Designed in Gothic style, the Siena Cathedral tantalizes the eye with a rare, striped marble.
After exploring Siena, hop back in the car to visit the quaint village of Monteriggioni. Built on a hill overlooking the Cassia Road in the early 13th century, you'll have the chance to enjoy a traditional Tuscan meal (additional cost) in this historic place.
Continue to the hilltop town of San Gimignano, with towers dating back to the 11th century. Stroll around the charming streets to admire the Palazzo del Popolo, the Duomo, the St Agostino Church and more. After exploring by foot, enjoy some free time to peruse the small shops or people-watch. Your shore excursion will conclude with private transportation back to your cruise port in Livorno.
Upgrade your ticket to include a 2-hour tour in Siena and San Gimignano with a private guide, including admission into the Siena Cathedral. Otherwise, enjoy exploring both towns independently.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Livorno port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- We can accommodate foldable wheelchair only if specified at time of booking
- Baby seats are mandatory for infants, please request at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Prestige Rent
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms