Explore our promoted experiences
- Full-day shore excursion to Pompeii and Sorrento from Naples
- Discover the UNESCO World Heritage-listed city of Pompeii with your expert guide
- Pass magnificent Mt. Vesuvius and see top Pompeii attractions including the Forum, the Thermal Baths, and the Lupanare
- Stroll along Sorrento's narrow streets and take in amazing views of the Bay of Naples and the Mediterranean Sea from Meta di Sorrento and Villa Comunale
- Savor lunch at a local pizzeria (included)
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Stop for photos at the notorious Mt. Vesuvius and learn from your expert guide about the 79 A.D. eruption that buried the entire city of Pompeii under ash. Follow your guide through the UNESCO World Heritage Site, where you’ll visit the Forum, the town’s official brothel, and the thermal baths.
Savor a traditional pizza lunch (included) after you depart Pompeii, then make your way to the picturesque city of Sorrento. Explore this charming city with your guide, who will take you to the beaches of Vico Equense and Seiano, past lemon and orange trees, and through the narrow streets lined with shops and cafes.
Next, stop at Meta di Sorrento, for panoramic views of the Mediterranean Sea and the Bay of Naples. After snapping photos, head to Villa Comunale, the largest public park in Sorrento. Enjoy stunning views before making your way back to your ship’s port in the comfort of your air-conditioned coach.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Naples port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- We require a minimum of 2 participants in total every day to operate this tour. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not at least 2 participants for this tour. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Please note that for the Sorrento part of the tour, among the 4 languages available, only the English language is always guaranteed
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- We will ensure your timely return to the Naples port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY Project Napoli Service
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms