Don’t worry—here are some similar options
Explore our promoted experiences
- Entrance ticket to Pompeii archaeological site
- Explore the ruins of Roman Pompeii as you wish
- View houses, streets, and buildings buried by ash from Mt. Vesuvius in 79 AD
- See highlights such as the Theatre, Forum, and fresco-coated brothel
- Site route map available inside entrance
- Multiple entrance times throughout the day
What To Expect
Show your pre-booked ticket to bypass the ticket lines and head inside to explore independently. If you wish, collect a complimentary map inside the gate for recommended routes around the ruins.
Covering about 66 hectares (163 acres), the UNESCO-listed site is filled with the ruins of the Roman city of Pompeii, all frozen in time by the ash that showered down on the streets during the 79 AD eruption of Mt. Vesuvius. In just a few hours, Pompeii’s streets and houses, and many of its people, were completely buried, only to be rediscovered centuries later, in 1748.
Wander the stone-paved streets at your own pace and see the different sites as you wish. View the casts of the victims’ bodies, delve into grand houses and colonnaded gardens, and visit the shells of long-ago shops, temples and other buildings.
Be sure, too, to see highlights like the Forum, Theatre, and Lupanare, the 2-story house that was Pompeii’s brothel, where the walls are still adorned with erotic frescoes.
After exploring the ruins, your experience finishes when you exit the park.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS VOUCHER TO GAIN ACCESS TO THE MUSEUM
- People with limited mobility are advised to enter from Piazza Anfiteatro and to limit their visit to the surroundings of the Amphitheater.
- The archaeological area of Pompeii is a fragile and precious site. Please respect these few rules, and help preserve one of the great treasures of mankind, as well as your own health and safety!
- Please walk with care, do not stop on the edges of the excavations, nor climb on the walls
- Respect the limitations of entry and access
- Be respectful. Refrain from shouting, writing on the walls, and dispersing waste. Please place your waste in the appropriate containers.
- Photography and filming are authorized for private use only. Please contact the Office of the Superintendent for shooting with a tripod, using flash and artificial light, as well as for commercial or other uses.
- Please leave bags, backpacks, umbrellas, and other bulky items at the wardrobe
- Do not smoke
- There is a possible presence of stray dogs, which have passed the perimeter defenses of the excavations. We recommend to stay away from any and be careful.
- Use of shoes with flat soles is recommended
- There is a picnic area near Porta Nola.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Weekend in Italy
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff