- Ancient Rome tour including the Colosseum, led by an expert local guide
- Explore Rome Colosseum’s first and second tiers and learn about the gladiatorial games
- See top Rome attractions like Rome Pantheon, Trevi Fountain and Piazza Navona
- Enjoy a personalized experience with a private guide
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Leaving the metro station Colosseo on the ground floor, cross the road to the Colosseum. Walk around the right side of the monument until you get to the Arch of Costantine. Our representative will be waiting right under the arch on the other side. Please ensure that you arrive 25 minutes before tour departure time.
What To Expect
With your dedicated guide, explore the first and second levels of this legendary amphitheater, learning interesting facts such as how seats were assigned according to social class. You also hear about the gruesome gladiator games, the Colosseum’s main attraction that provided much entertainment to the crowd. Then follow your guide back outside to walk around the neighboring streets, where the commercial and political center of ancient Rome once stood.
Head to the Roman Forum, where you check out historic ruins such as the Temple of Caesar and listen to stories about the power and backstabbing that went on during this period of Roman history. Other sites you see include the Arch of Septimius Severus, the colonnaded Regia, the Gemonian stairs and the Temple of Vespasian and Titus.
From here continue to Rome’s historic center to see well-known attractions like the Trevi Fountain, Pantheon, and Piazza Navona. Check out the square’s three fountains designed by famous baroque sculptor Bernini before your tour ends here, the perfect central location from which you can continue exploring Rome on your own.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- The Colosseum has strict security restrictions. Due to metal detectors at the entrances of most attractions (and no bag check) it is forbidden to bring the following:
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Nicom Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons