Explore our promoted experiences
- A self-guided tour of the Colosseum, Palatine Hill, and Roman Forum
- Pre-booked admission tickets include guaranteed skip-the-line entry
- Discover three ancient Roman landmarks within just a half day of sightseeing
- Upgrade to include a guided moonlit tour of the Colosseum, without combo tickets
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- MEETING POINT ( REDEMPTION POINT) : Arch of Costantine, side of the Colosseum. You will meet our staff (15 MINUTES PRIOR to the arranged time) who will hold a little black flag saying "Ancient and Recent - Virtual Reality Tour"
- You are required to show up at the meeting point 15 MINUTES PRIOR to the arranged time of departure - especially families with children/under 18, in order to anticipate and facilitate the entry procedures.
- Please note that THIS IS NOT A GUIDED TOUR, at least you have not booked EXPRESS OPTION..This option only provides you fast entrance to the Colosseum and access to Palatine Hill/Roman Forum.
- You will be added to a small group (max 30) with a privileged entrance and after the security check you’ll be free to explore the Colosseum by yourself.
- After the visit of the Colosseum, you will be escorted at the entrance of the Palatine Hill/Roman Forum where you can visit both sites by yourself.
- The Colosseum tickets have a SPECIFIC ENTRY TIME: if you arrive late for the meeting point, it will NOT be possible to join the group or reschedule, unless you pay for the activity again. As per no-show rules, you will NOT be entitled to a REFUND.
- The Colosseum requires mandatory entry procedures (show children/under 18 to the staff, voucher exchange) and mandatory security check that must be carried out even by the skip-the-line ticket holders. This could require to wait a little more before entering the monument, as this part cannot be skipped.
- The Colosseum’s capacity regulations (no more than 3000 people inside at the same time) may delay the tour departure. This could also influence the smooth running of the tour especially on national holidays, weekends and during high season. So, even the skip-the-line queue may be not as fast as usual.
- Children/under 18 must be accompanied by an adult and must carry passports or a valid identity document, because the Colosseum staff may ask to check them at the entrance.
- The Colosseum area is an open archaeological park and for this reason is not equipped with sun/rain covers and shops. The local operator is not responsible for any kind of discomfort due to this.
- Please wear comfortable shoes and bring your own bottle of water (no glass bottles/no alcohol).
- The local operator is not responsible for any inconvenience caused by the closure of the Colosseum/Palatine Hill/Roman Forum due to strikes, events, bad weather, etc.
- It is strictly forbidden to enter the Colosseum and Palatine Hill/Roman Forum with with bulky luggages, handbags. Please be aware that there is no luggage storage and that we cannot keep your stuff.
- It is strictly forbidden to enter the Colosseum with knives and any kind of cutting object. Pay attention not to bring with you this kind of stuff.
- Most travelers can participate
- This ticket does NOT include the access to the Arena, Underground area, at least you have not booked the "Arena or Underground option"
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- OPERATED BY ANCIENT AND RECENT
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- "Read the fine print so you know what your buying to not cause other people or the tour operator delays." See review
- "The problem is that when accessing with children/minors, the facility requires proof that the children are with their parents." See review
- "Unfortunately, the afternoon tour is starting and you must wait for the staff to check the afternoon group in before the morning group is taken to the forum." See review