- 3-hour guided tour of the Colosseum and Ancient Rome with virtual reality reconstructions
- Small group of just 6 people guarantees personalized attention
- Skip the line access to the Colosseum, the Roman Forum, and Palatine Hill
- Explore the ancient structures, then slip on the headset to see the reconstructions
- Viator Exclusive tour can only be booked here
Departure & Return
In front of the SOS sign outside the main entrance of the Colosseum Metro Station. Please note there is an upper level and ground level: we meet at the GROUND floor SOS sign, right across the street from and on the same street level as the Colosseum itself. Your guide will be holding a LivTour sign.
What To Expect
Breeze past the often-long entrance lines and proceed directly into the Colosseum. Explore the first two rings of the arena while you listen to stories of Caesar, gladiators, games, and entertainment. Learn about the architecture and engineering of the arena, then don your glasses to view what it must have been like on the arena level and on Caesar's balcony.
Continue on to Palatine Hill, climbing as you hear about the origins of ancient Rome, including Livia and the House of Augustus. Get a view of the valley between the Palatine Hill and the Aventine Hill where Circus Maximus used to be, then don your glasses to see the reconstruction of Circus Maxiumus.
Descend into the valley to visit the Roman Forum, where you'll see the Arch of Titus, the Basilica of Maxentius, and the Temple of Antonino and Faustina. Once you reach the main square, you'll learn about the Temple of Julius Caesar, the Arch of Septimius Severus, the Rostra, the Basilica Aemilia, and the Temple of Jupiter atop Capitoline Hill. After your guide fills you in on the history and architecture of the important structures, slip on your VR glasses, you'll be able to see some of the structures reconstructed in their original glory.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please be aware, due to these unprecedented times and unexpected regulation changes, some areas may not be accessible if the venue can not guarantee social distancing for this part of the tour.
- The colosseum currently guarantees special access to the arena floor which is off limits to the general public. The arena area is where the gladiator fights took place and also gives you the closest view of the underground area possible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY LivTours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas