Explore our promoted experiences
- First Entrance into the Vatican Museums & the Sistine Chapel before the general public
- Enjoy Michelangelo's masterpieces before the crowds arrive
- Take the time to explore the Vatican Museum for as long as you want
- Share the experience with a small group of up to 10 people
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
At the bottom of the steps across the street from the Entrance of the Vatican Museums. The steps are located right next to Caffè Vaticano on the corner of Viale Vaticano and Via Tunisi. The closest Metro stop is Line A (Ottaviano – Musei Vaticani).
What To Expect
Gaze in awe at Michelangelo’s iconic ceiling fresco, 'The Creation of Adam,' as well as 'The Last Judgment,' his blue fresco that adorns the back wall of the chapel. Talking is not allowed inside; learn about these Renaissance masterpieces before you enter. After seeing the chapel, you're able to explore the Vatican Museums at your own pace.
Your tour concludes back in St. Peter's Square, where you're able to take in the architectural splendor of the Vatican.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- St Peter's Basilica, the grottos and the dome: After the tour, you may visit these attractions on your own. Your tour will end at the front of St Peter's Basilica, which is a very convenient location to leave for lunch, visit the Vatican bookstore, visit the Vatican post office, enter St Peter's Basilica, continue to the grottos below St Peter's or climb to the dome. Your tour guide will be happy to point you in the right direction!
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Please note: Due to the current circumstances and regulations, the Vatican currently opens at 8:30am instead of 8:00am. However, by arriving at the line 30 minutes before the doors open, you will be one of the first visitors to enter the Sistine Chapel and enjoy the Museums in peace before the crowds arrive.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY City Wonders Ltd
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- "There are other tour groups, but no where near as the mass crowds as usual.this tour is highly recommended for all." See review
- "Don't worry, you will still have the opportunity to explore the museums after you visit the Chapel." See review
- "Show up early, grab some cappuccino before the tour, and get ready for the experience of a lifetime!" See review