- 3-hour Vatican night tour of the Sistine Chapel and Vatican Museums
- With an expert guide, explore the Vatican at night and see it without the daytime crowds
- Walk through the Gallery of Maps and Raphael's Rooms inside the Vatican Museums
- This exclusive experience is only available on Friday nights between May and October
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Your tour of the Vatican at night starts when you meet your guide near the Vatican Museums, skip-the-line, and purchase your entrance ticket (own expense, payable on the day).
Then go inside with your guide to explore some of the nearly 2,000 galleries, apartments and other rooms that make up the vast, maze-like museum complex. As you enjoy the tranquil evening atmosphere without the usual daytime masses, you’ll see artistic and historical treasures such as Etruscan and Egyptian artifacts and Renaissance art. Visit the Gallery of Maps, where you’ll be wowed by 40 frescoes dating back to the late 1500s, and Raphael’s Rooms, a group of four chambers home to paintings by Raphael and his students.
Then make your way to the Vatican’s crown jewel, the Sistine Chapel, where you have about 15 minutes inside to admire the famous artwork (talking inside is not allowed, so your guide will tell you about the chapel and its frescoes before you enter). Stare in wonder at Michelangelo’s The Creation of Adam, his most iconic ceiling fresco, and The Last Judgment, a piece that adorns one of the chapel walls.
After exiting the chapel, your tour ends just outside the Vatican, where you are free to stay at St Peter’s Square as long as you like. This is a great chance to capture some beautiful evening photos of the Vatican. (Note: Entry to St Peter’s Basilica is not allowed in the evening.)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note - the Sistine Chapel maintains a strict dress code year-round. All visitors must have their shoulders covered and pants/skirts must come to the knee. Please wear comfortable shoes.
- Due to metal detectors at the entrances of most attractions, It is forbidden to bring the following:Weapons and blunt objects (knives, umbrellas, etc.)
- Luggage storage NOT available in our office.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY Nicom Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regular temperature checks for staff