Explore our promoted experiences
- Visit the town of Tivoli on a half-day trip from Rome
- See two UNESCO World Heritage Sites in one day: Hadrian’s Villa and Villa d’Este
- Learn about the lavish Emperor Hadrian on a tour of Hadrian’s Villa (Villa Adriana)
- Explore Villa d’Este with your guide and admire its incredible gardens and Bernini-designed fountains
- Enjoy round-trip transport by air-conditioned coach from Rome
Departure & Return
via Giovanni Amendola 32 10 15 minutes before tour departure
What To Expect
The first stop is Villa Adriana, also known as Hadrian's Villa, the erstwhile 2nd-century holiday home of Emperor Hadrian. Stroll among the ruins of the villa, which almost seems like more village than villa, as the place was expansive and ostentatious. See the temples and terrain, the theaters and thermal baths and learn about what daily life was like here 1,800 years ago from your guide.
Hop back on the coach and make the short drive to Tivoli's other main attraction: the incredible Villa d'Este. This Renaissance-era palace, built in the the middle of the 16th century, was home to Cardinal Ippolito II d'Este, who at the time was also the governor of Tivoli. Stroll around the palace with your guide learning about its history, lingering in the verdant gardens and gawking at the Baroque fountains designed by none other than the master Gian Lorenzo Bernini.
After the tour, enjoy the relaxing ride back to Rome. The tour concludes where it began – either at your hotel or at Rome's Termini Station. You can also opt for a drop-off at Via Veneto, Piazza Barberini, Piazza Venezia or Piazza della Repubblica.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note: This is a Multilingual Tour
- Tour is suitable for wheelchair users provided passenger is traveling with a companion who can assist them on and off the bus. Wheelchairs will be stored in the luggage area of the bus.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY Greenline Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Both sites are breath taking and visit is suitable for all ages" See review