Explore our promoted experiences
- Cut through the crowds to a prime spot to see the pope
- Listen to your guide via an audio headset to hear the history behind the papacy
- Watch as the pope delivers his weekly message and offers blessings
- Small-group experience limited to 20 people ensures personal attention from a guide
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Meeting Point:Piazza Pio XII. At the end of Via della Conciliazione, facing St. Peters Basilica, our meeting point is located on the left hand side, at the corner, next to the Newspaper stand. Arriving by Metro to Ottaviano Station: Take St Peter’s Basilica exit. Once you exit the metro station walk down Via Ottaviano until you reach Piazza Risorgimento. Continue walking straight across the piazza and you will see the Vatican walls – follow Via di Porta Angelica until you arrive at the colonnade. Keeping the colonnade on your right – at the end of the colonnade you will see on the left a large Piazza and a main street (Via della Conciliazione). Facing this street with the Basilica at your back, our meeting point is located to the right side of Via della Conciliazione at the corner, next to the Newspaper stand.
What To Expect
Following your guide, navigate the crowd to reach your seat, to have views of the pope when he arrives. While you wait, learn a bit about the history of the papacy in Rome and hear about Renaissance artists like Michelangelo who left such a beautiful mark on the Vatican. With your audio headset, you don’t have to worry about not being able to hear your guide over the throngs of people.
As the address starts, listen to the Cardinals leading pilgrims in prayer, and watch the pope deliver his blessings for the week. The service includes hymns, prayers, and a homily. When the address is over, explore St Peter’s Square on your own.
Note: Immediately after booking, you must reconfirm your ticket using the phone number provided on your confirmation voucher. The local tour operator will ask for your home address, as this is required by Vatican City. Failure to reconfirm your ticket may result in it being canceled. Please also note that seating for the papal audience is limited. Your guide will do everything possible to secure you a seat, but on rare occasions, this may not be possible.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please note that papal audience tickets are free but can be difficult to organize. With our service you can cut out the hassle and collect your pre-booked ticket from your guide when you arrive!
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or mobility impairments on our tours as well as pushchairs or strollers.
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY City Wonders Ltd
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.