Explore our promoted experiences
- 3.5-hour Vatican Museums tour
- Small-group tour limited to 10 people provides an intimate experience
- Skip the long entrance lines at the Vatican Museums and St. Peter's Basilica
- See Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel in the Apostolic Palace
- Catch site of the modes of transportation of past and present popes in the Pavilion of Carriages
- Visit the Pinecone Courtyard, Hall of the Maps, Gallery of the Tapestries, and Room of Muses
- Hear lesser-known insider stories about the Vatican that aren’t told on other tours
Departure & Return
Plan on arriving to our meeting point at least 15 minutes in advance of your selected departure time. Meet our representative on the steps at Via Tunisi, located at the corner with Via Sebastiano Veniero. They will be holding a sign with the green EcoArt logo.
What To Expect
Because your group will have 10 people in it at the most, it makes it easier to hear your guide while you follow him or her through the museum. Listen to interesting insider information about past popes, the Vatican itself, and mysteries that still go unsolved today.
Visit many of the exhibits and areas of the museum, including the Hall of Maps, the Belvedere Courtyard, the Gallery of the Tapestries, the Room of Muses, the Pinecone Courtyard, the Round Room, and the Candelabra Gallery. Your last stop in the museums is at the very famous Sistine Chapel.
After the Sistine Chapel, make your way to St. Peter’s Basilica. Taking the direct entrance from the chapel allows you to also skip the long lines here. Your guide leaves you at about 6p.m., and you’re free to explore all you want until closing time.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children 5 and under are entitled to free access to the Vatican Museums (with proof of age)
- Children aged 6-18 are entitled to a reduced entry fee (see tour and ticket pricing) and must provide proof of age.
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements.
- Near public transportation
- Maximum group size is 20 people. (Guided tour option only)
- At least 4 people are required for the guided tour option to take place.
- Check-in is 15 minutes prior to the booked start time. Tickets are time sensitive and we cannot accomodate late arrivals.
- Entrance into St. Peter's Basilica is separate from the Vatican Museums and is not included in your ticket. Entrance to the Basilica is free and does not require a ticket.
- You must show a "Reinforced Green Pass" or equivalent to enter the Vatican Museums, attesting a completed vaccination cycle or recovery from COVID.
- If you have a body temperature above 37.5° C (= 99.5° F) you will be prohibited from entering. Your temperature will be taken at the entrance by Vatican staff.
- The use of an FFP2 mask covering mouth and nose is mandatory during the entirety of your stay inside the museums.
- You must bring your own FFP2 mask. No other types of mask are permitted.
- It is necessary to maintain an interpersonal distance of over 1 meter.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY EcoArt Travel
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands