Explore our promoted experiences
- 3-hour ancient Rome tour
- See the Imperial Forum
- Visit the Pantheon and the Theater of Pompey
- Guided visit at the Museo dell’Ara Pacis
- Small-group tour limited to 13
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Take in the massive entrance to the Roman temple, see the nearby Temple of Hadrian, and visit the Largo Argentina, a sacred square with four temples. Largo Argentina is also the site of the Theater of Pompey, where Caesar was assassinated by Roman senators in 44 BC.
The final walk is a .5-mile (.8-km) stroll to the Museo dell’Ara Pacis, where you’ll find a Roman altar dedicated to Pax, the goddess of peace (admission is not included in the tour, and must be paid to the tour operator in cash). Take in the elaborate frieze carvings that line the Ara Pacis, and see the enormous circular tomb were emperors were laid to rest. This tour concludes at the Museo dell’Ara Pacis, which you may continue exploring at your own pace.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- All guests must have proper identification, including children
- May be operated by a multilingual guide
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- All museums and monuments are interior visits except the Mausoleum of Augustus
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- OPERATED BY Mea ToursEvents S.r.l.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms